Like many of our colleagues and most of my students, the events of the past week or two have been unnerving at best. Also like most of my colleagues, after I'd recovered from the initial shock and horror at what had happened in Paris, France, I responded in the only way I know how. I sat down and thought about how I was going to speak to my students on this the following Monday.
What came out of that initial brainstorm session was the kernel of a lesson plan. And although it was not fully hatched, because timeliness was of the essence, I decided to take a risk and run with it, knowing that my students would want to talk about and make sense of those horrible recent events.
Since then, we've embarked on a journey / lesson that has utilized several Web 2.0 tools and touched on many of the skills important to a 21st century classroom.
Here are my efforts so far on our adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment